The knowledge and skills for High Expertise Teaching is huge and complex, far beyond what our voting public recognizes or our personnel pipeline accommodates. It is up to us in school districts and collaboratives of districts to create the mechanisms and access for continuous learning about high-expertise teaching. Research For Better Teaching is committed to supporting educators to do just that.
More high-expertise teaching for more children in more classrooms more of the time.
We will have knowledgeable educators who believe in children, and who are working in schools with strong cultures and structures for professional practice.
Make every school an engine for constant learning about high-expertise teaching.
RBT's Core Values
- Substance: We focus on the most important topics for advancing the expertise of teachers and leaders.
- Continuity: We seek long term relationships with clients to get meaningful results that are sustainable. We build clients’ internal capacity to keep the learning going with their own resources and us as critical friends.
- Service: We go above and beyond to partner with clients to build on their strengths and further their goals.
- Social Justice: We are committed to challenging social, cultural, and economic inequities produced by unequal distribution of power, resources, and privilege.
- Strong Adult Professional Culture: We model what we teach about the importance of ongoing learning in a safe, collaborative environment.