Founded in 1979 by Jonathon D. Saphier, Ed.D., RBT works to strengthen organizational culture and to institutionalize the study of teaching within schools and throughout school districts. Dr. Saphier is co-author of The Skillful Teacher: The Comprehensive Resource for Improving Teaching and Learning – a widely acclaimed resource book in teacher training courses and RBT staff development courses.
RBT consultants are professional educators who draw from their own experiences as former administrators and classroom teachers. They have long-term consulting relationships with school districts across the country and abroad. During the current school year, RBT consultants are providing professional development programs in hundreds of districts.
- RBT offers programs for teachers to support their professional growth, strengthen collegiality and encourage experimentation through direct study of the knowledge base on teaching and development of peer coaching skills.
- RBT works with evaluators and school leaders to enhance their individual leadership skills and to develop a set of durable, meaningful system-wide structures for creating a professional growth cycle that includes teacher supervision and evaluation.
- RBT coaches leaders on strategies for change and procedures that strengthen school culture and organizational effectiveness at all levels.
- RBT trains data coaches and data teams.
- RBT publishes books and produces products and videos of interest to educators, focusing on teaching, leadership, and school culture.
- RBT helps districts build in-house professional development capacity to ensure skillful teaching and implement teacher evaluation systems.
Learn More About Our Team
RBT consultants are professional educators who draw from their own experiences as former administrators and classroom teachers.
The Evolution of RBT Expertise
The chart above traces the timeline of our learning - where we have expertise and when we learned it. In the last decade, our focus has been on sustainable, systemic improvement of classroom teaching and learning.