It contains validated teaching skills not found in other frameworks, e.g.
- knowing how to do error analysis of student work for target re-teaching,
- interactive skills to convince students they have able brains and can grow their ability
- student agency through goal setting/plan making/self-evaluation/self-record keeping
- leading robust student discussions at high levels of thinking where all students participate
- the 24 Principles of Learning derived from a century of cognitive laboratory science
- bringing cultural proficiency to one’s daily interactions with students
- distinction between standards and expectations
It breaks down abstract statements about teaching skills , e.g. communicates high expectations to all students into the how-to steps of practice and reveals what the behaviors look like and sound like at a drill down level of detail (scripts and videos).
The framework is designed to be a resource for all teachers at any stage of their careers as a source for just-right next professional learning.